Since February this year, I started attending a networking group called Linking Ladies. They are a group of local business women who meet monthly to listen to guest speakers, learn from one another and for the mums of the group, an opportunity for some adult conversation. To say that I love Linking Ladies is a complete understatement but I would like to share why I love Linking Ladies to help you understand.
1. They all have amazing stories to share At each meeting we have a Business Highlight from a Financial Member. They share how their business started, what lead them into business, struggles they have had along the way and how awesome their business is today. Nicole from Charbella Cakes shared her story from Apprentice Chef in Tasmania, to now having her own Council Registered Kitchen in Spring Farm. The story was emotional and inspiring. She has built a successful business that allows her to work around her 2 young children.
2. They understand the importance of praise When you run a small business, usually on your own, you don’t have a boss to recognise how hard you work. Linking Ladies provides their members the opportunity to praise one another during #WinningWednesday. You give wraps and share personal wins with the group. Every likes and comments providing you with invaluable feedback that inspires you to work harder. Above is a post today from one of the ladies after receiving a Remedial Massage on Saturday. She had been reading the wraps from other ladies and finally made the decision to book herself in. She now hashtags #MagicHands which is very flattering.
3. They collaborate to help spread the word I have had so many great opportunities to collaborate with these awesome business women including Mothers Day where Charbella Cakes and Wick’d Candles provided me with their products to package together with a Remedial Massage Gift Voucher for the special mums. Other Linking Ladies have written amazing blog posts for me. Some sharing their success stories as they have now become clients and others have tips to help my clients. This month Personal Stylist, Antoinette Stonham from All About Style wrote a great blog about Dressing For You Weight Loss Journey which was first shared with the girls in our 12 Week Challenge.
4. They have great services to offer In the early days of my business, I did everything myself. I designed Group Training Flyers on Vistaprint. I built my own website with an online website builder. I really had no idea how to market my business. Within the first 2 meetings I met two fantastic women who have changed my business forever and I cannot thank them enough. Serena Ryan from Serena Dot Ryan has helped me to not only build a great website but she explained all the background info to make sure I am found on Google. We have worked on the website, blogging, email marketing and facebook. She doesn’t do the work for you, she teaches you how to do it yourself. But with her ongoing support you are never doing it alone. Danielle Grant from Creative Buzz Design & Marketing has created the image that is Evolution Health Services. We met with a logo and business cards. She has helped to develop branding for our Fitness and Massage services, created a new window sign for the clinic, flyers designed and she is always willing to provide advice on how to continually market the business. She has worked with us as we have grown and we have a wishlist of what to do next as budget allows.
5. They become close friends I’m sure in business you are not meant to become friends with other business people but we have blurred the lines and love supporting each other in business and in our personal lives. It has been so amazing to built these friendships with women who understand where you are at in life and share your struggles with balancing work and your family life.
6. You get recognised I am so proud that I have been nominated by other Linking Ladies for 5 awards in this year’s Inaugural Linking Ladies Awards. I am surprised that other people would consider that I am Business Woman of the Year or that my business could be considered Business of the Year. It is so amazing and will have to wait to see if I become a finalist. Even if I don’t, I will be there on awards night to support and party with my new awesome friends.
If you are another local small business, I highly recommend coming along to meet these awesome women at Linking Ladies. If you cannot make it, join the Linking Ladies Guest Facebook Group.