Evolution Health Services provides Remedial Massage by Diploma qualified and fully insured Remedial Massage Therapists. Remedial Massage involves the manipulation of soft tissues of the body for a specific injury, pain or condition. Suitable for the whole family, we provide care for children through to the elderly.
Remedial Massage is a name in which many techniques come under the umbrella to form part of your treatment. These techniques may include Trigger Point Therapy, Deep Tissue Massage, Myofascial Release, Lymphatic Drainage, Stretching and Exercise Advice.
Remedial Massage can help relieve:
- Lower Back and Hip Pain
- Sciatica and Piriformis Syndrome
- Headaches and Migraines, especially those due to muscle tension
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Plantar Fasciitis and Shin Splints
- Muscle cramps and Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness (DOMS)
- Growing Pains in Children and Adolescence
Remedial Massage Therapists also have extensive training to understand how massage can be modified for certain medical conditions, following surgery, during or after pregnancy and throughout the ages and stages of life. We have both male and female massage therapists available for your treatment.
We aim to give you more confidence in movement, reducing fears around pain and educating you with what is possible. So often we hear stories of what you are told what not to do, however, other providers have forgetting to share what it is you can do. Let’s work together to explore how capable your body can be and get you back to living a carefree life with your family.
Private Health Fund Claiming
For your treatment to be considered Remedial Massage and to be claimable under your health fund policy, we must have a purpose or medical condition that we are treating. Our clinic offers HICAPS for on the spot claiming. Contact your health fund to determine if Remedial Massage is covered and your level of cover.
WorkCover and CTP Injuries
Our Massage Therapists can provide Remedial Massage to those injured in the course of their employment or in a motor vehicle accident. Referral from your GP is required. We can also work in conjunction with your Physiotherapist, Osteopath, Chiropractor or Exercise Physiologist to achieve the best results.
What to expect in a Remedial Massage Therapy Treatment:
- You will be asked to complete a Patient Information Form which will ask for your personal contact details, medical conditions, previous injuries and consent to undertake treatment.
- We will discuss the information and obtain any further information that may affect your treatment.
- We will complete an assessment which may involve postural analysis and range of movement testing.
- You will be asked to get changed in private to your underwear and cover yourself with the large towel provided.
- The treatment will consist of soft tissue techniques including massage, myofascial release, trigger point therapy, passive stretching and muscle energy techniques.
- At the end of the treatment, you will be asked to dress in private and once dressed further discussion will take place regarding what treatment took place, including further recommendations.
- We may provide you with stretches, self care techniques, exercises, postural advice, workstation changes or the application of heat or ice.
- Recommendations will be made regarding follow up treatments.
What Customers are Saying
Had a remedial massage this afternoon with Dan and it was fantastic. Appreciate that it was tailored to my needs and he had an excellent understanding of what would be of the most benefit within the time frame. Looking forward to another session soon.
I have had neck pain and migraines for the last 3 days. I had one session with Dan and I feel amazing!!! Thank you so much for making me feel such relief!!! Can’t wait to go back!!!
After putting up with pain for a week and a half I bit the bullet and booked in for a remedial massage. I was not a fan of massage and was under the impression remedial type would hurt more. I was wrong! Kelly was amazing and explained everything. It didn’t hurt and the pain actually eased. My appointment was then followed up with a post appointment email, explaining how I can continue to benefit from my appointment. Great work Evolution Health Services
I’ve been going to see Mel for massages since last year and I highly recommend their services. I’ve had massages from Rebecca as well and she is fantastic, just like Mel. I’ve even got my hubby going for massages as well, as he saw how much it was helping me. If you need a massage, I highly recommend Evolution Health Services!
Great massage from Mel today, thank you for being so considerate. Mel adapted the table to make sure of my comfort to accommodate recent surgery and ensuring a thorough massage with maximum benefit. My neck and back are very grateful. Feel great. Thanks again.
I’ve had to live with pain for so long that I found I was missing out on doing the normal things in life big time. After getting help from Melissa I can almost say I’ve forgotten what my life was like before. I love how clean her rooms are and she has perfect infection control! She’s always kind and gentle. I have been totally won over and would highly recommend her services.
I’ve just started seeing Melissa regularly for massages and I have to say she is amazing! I had so many aches and pains and tight spots and Melissa works her magic and they are gone. I am glad I finally bit the bullet and treated myself.
I had my first remedial massage with Mel over a year ago, I was so amazed that she was able to find my problem areas, that I didn’t even know I had! She has the magic touch! Highly recommended, friendly, easy to talk to in a relaxing and comfortable environment.
Melissa is fantastic. I never want her massages to end. Friendly and very knowledgeable. Totally recommend Evolution Health Services
I had a massage with Mel a few weeks ago and could not fault it. The room was clean, uncluttered and had the right ambience (I love ambience!) Having trained in massage many years ago, I tend to be fairly choosy in finding a good therapist but Mel fits the bill perfectly. She is skilled at her craft and I would recommend her to anyone looking for a great massage.