Does the idea of trying a new massage therapist concern you? Worried that I may not have enough experience or knowledge to assist with your health issue? I’ll begin by saying that I completely understand your fears, however, there are several benefits of a new massage therapist that you may not have considered. I’ve put together a few points to help ease some of your concerns, by giving you an insight into the level of training and experience I’ve achieved so far.
- I studied full time for an 18 month period to successfully pass at a diploma level qualification. Learning not only massage techniques, but how to assess, treat and provide aftercare for every client.
- I’ve completed over 200+ hours of hands on training on a range of different people. Including the elderly in a nursing home, weekly treatments on the Wanderers soccer team, clients with chronic disease and pain such as Multiple Sclerosis.
- My knowledge and learning are the most current and up to date techniques available. This will give you the opportunity to treat your pain or muscle tension in a way you may not have been treated before, potentially giving you an improved result.
- I work alongside 3 other massage therapists who all have many years of experience. They provide a lot of support and are available to answer my questions and offer their knowledgeable advice.
- I’m passionate about the incredible benefits massage can bring to your overall health and well-being. Such as reducing stress and anxiety, muscle tension and pain, improving flexibility and posture, relief from headaches, enhancing your athletic performance and improving recovery time. So not only is massage giving you the opportunity for some self-care that’s enjoyable but also incredibly beneficial for your health.
So while I may be a ‘new’ massage therapist, I have worked incredibly hard to ensure my knowledge and experience will provide you with a great treatment, and leave you feeling much better than when you arrived. So if you or someone you know is dealing with on-going pain, persistent headaches or daily stress and anxiety, why not consider a remedial massage to improve your overall well-being.
To make an appointment or purchase a gift voucher, please visit our website and give yourself the opportunity for some self-care.
Christmas is a time to celebrate, relax & enjoy with family & friends. But for many, the festive season can be a stressful time of year leaving us feeling stressed, anxious & fatigued. Surviving the season is not always easy, but by maintaining your health & well-being this Christmas period, you can keep on top of the pressures & keep stress to a minimum.
The Christmas period can also bring some physical challenges that you may not experience at other times of the year. The most common complaints we hear are:
We’ve all been there, spending long hours shopping & waiting in lengthy lines for gifts or dancing the night away at the work Christmas party. It’s no surprise that our feet feel it most considering a quarter of all the bones in your body are found in your feet! Accompanied by numerous muscles, joints, ligaments & tendons our feet deserve some special treatment after working so hard. To reduce the load from your feet ensure you are wearing comfortable, supportive shoes and take regular breaks to give your legs & feet a rest. A frozen water bottle rolled under your feet can help, or why not purchase one of our massage balls to use under foot?
While it may seem a little silly to mention gift wrapping as a potential issue this Christmas, it really can cause aches & pains if you’re in a bad postural position. To avoid this, try to wrap as you buy & avoid wrapping for prolonged periods of time. Ensure you set yourself up at a table or desk that is the correct height & avoid sitting on the floor. Have all your supplies such as sticky tape and gift tags within easy reach to avoid leaning forward, putting strain on your back and neck. Or buy gift bags and avoid it all together!
Purchase our Gift Vouchers Online and no wrapping is required! Prevent injuries, avoid the crowds and just print off their gift. Alternatively, you can come into our clinic for a printed gift voucher and envelope.
There are things you can do to help with the stress & to make this time of year more enjoyable, such as balancing your time spent on others with doing something for yourself. Try to take a walk, read a book, have a bath or book in for a massage to relieve your stress and get a break from the kids or in-laws 😉
Partied a little too hard and misjudged your dance moves while doing the ‘Worm’ or the ‘Running man’? While we may not be able to restore your pride, we may be able to assist you with your injury & recovery.
So if you find yourself feeling stressed or dealing with a Christmas related injury, why not book yourself in for a massage & let me help you have a relaxed & enjoyable Christmas.
Since joining the team at a Evolution Health Services, I have been utilising my skills of massage to help relax my clients. As Massage Therapists we often notice that clients don’t always come in fully prepared to let go and enjoy the experience. They are not living in the moment. They are thinking about what to do next or stressing about an issue at home. I thought it would be a great idea to create a guide to enjoying the best relaxation massage. That way, clients come in prepared to stop, clear the mind and give their body the chance to reset.
Are you ready to let go of everything for an hour? Try these simple steps:
- Give yourself time to arrive 5-10 mins early for your appointment. By rushing into your appointment, it will take you longer to get into a relaxed state
- Unplug from technology. Turn your phone to silent. Take off your smart devices and leave the world outside for an hour.
- Do you have a music request? Some people find running water relaxation music a little too stimulating to the bladder, so share with us what you enjoy listening to and we will do our best to accommodate.
- On that note, head to the bathroom before coming in. We have toilets located down the main hallway so you don’t have the pressure or worry on your mind.
- Specify any areas of the body you like touched. If you know a foot massage will send you to sleep, ask for us to add this in. If your feet are too sensitive, we can avoid there too. Your treatment can be customised to you.
- Let me know at any time during the treatment if you would like the pressure firmer or softer. I’m happy to adjust pressure as often as necessary.
- Relax & try to let your thoughts go. These thought will always return later so no need to worry about them now.
- While you may get more benefits from the massage if you avoid talking, if you prefer a chat, that’s completely fine too.
- If you’re feeling relaxed enough to fall asleep, please don’t be embarrassed. I’ll take it as a compliment.
Next time you book your massage with us, take my advice and enjoy the best massage experience we can offer. If you’re ready to relax now, book online.