Physical touch is a basic human need. From birth, touch is a vital part of our health and development. As we grow we need Mum’s kisses and Dad’s hugs to heal any wound or broken heart. Once we become parents ourselves, this touch can be forgotten in the daily stress of life. We are often sick of being touched as we get pulled at and climbed on all day. We crave our space and forget about the love and intimacy that can also come from touch. Learning to appreciate touch again can be as simple as setting the space for it. Learning to massage your partner provides many health benefits but overall brings a connection back to our basic human needs. It doesn’t need to be complicated and you don’t need professional equipment. Just somewhere comfortable and quality time together. Here are just 5 reasons to learn how to massage your partner:
- Calms The Body And Mind: When we first lay or be seated for a massage, what is the first thing many people do? We take a deep breath. You may not realise it but you are already on your way to relaxation before a hand has been laid. Learning to massage at home allows your partner a moment to breathe, relax and forget the stresses of daily life.
- Gives Relief From Pain: How many times a week does your partner complain of pain? Our muscles are overworked and often worked in the wrong manner. For example; poor posture at work or while using our smartphones. I often tell my clients that it seems our muscles just need to be touched to know it’s ok and to settle down. It sounds simplistic but in a way Massage Therapists are helping you to relax and allowing these muscles to switch off for a moment to rest. If you could learn to do this at home, imagine how much more you and your family could do together if they weren’t in pain.
- Shows Your Love: Have you heard of the 5 Languages of Love? They are ways in which a person receives love from another. These ways include; ‘Words of Affirmation’, ‘Acts of Service’, ‘Receiving Gifts’, ‘Quality Time’ and ‘Physical Touch’. Massage is a way to show your love in a way in which your partner likes to receive it. Massage fulfils many of these love languages as it can be seen as an act of service, spending quality time together and of course through physical touch. It may also be seen as a gift and can be paired with words of affirmation. It could be the perfect tool to demonstrate your love.
- Builds Trust, Romance and Intimacy: These are key factors in every relationship and if you can trust someone to provide touch in a way in which you like to receive it, massage can help this trust lead into the romance and intimacy your relationship needs.
- Brings a Connection Back To Your Relationship: We have so many responsibilities in life and in our separate roles it’s easy to forget or lose track of the partner we are sharing our life with. You may never feel in sync or feel like you understand each other anymore. Massage is that quality time you need to reconnect, start a conversation and get back in sync with one another.
I often see the benefits in massage for one person at a time. But I am really looking forward to sharing some skills to show you how simple it is to learn, how important it is to touch and how versatile massage is in your home. Our couples massage workshop is fully clothed, ‘G-rated’ and fun to learn. It won’t replace the need for a qualified massage therapist but will give you some tools to help one another on a regular basis. All you need to bring is yourself, your partner and a willingness to learn while having some fun. To book into our next workshop, head to our Book Online page and ‘Book a Class’.If you would like to know more’ please contact me on 0414 990 335 or [email protected]